Sunday, August 19, 2007

back on the stars horse...

So, back at the beginning of the year I decided I was going to be a pokerstars supernova. Then I started running bad, got disgusted, and let it go completely.

lately I've been playing almost every day and taking poker seriously again. I've been playing PS this month and noticed I had become a goldstar (which is on their frequent player bonuses, it's a medium level designation.) I found myself interested to see if I could make platinumstar by the end of the month (you have to do it in a month or start over the next month.)

I'm well on my way to Platinum, and I've started to think about bigger and better things.

First thought: Boy, at this pace, if I had played more, I would have become a supernova easily.
2nd thought: I'll do it next year!
3rd thought: Shit. The supernovas are calculated over a calendar year, so I begin the year at zero (unless I already am a supernova)... so I won't reap the benefits of it until I achieve the whole enchilada, which will take at least 6 or seven months.
4th thought: Could I just achieve the status this year? If I did, then I would get all the good stuff starting January 1st! hmmmm.

So, I have a fair amount of work ahead of me to pull it off. but it's definitely doable. I'm less than a third of the way there, and have about a third of a year to get there. I've run the numbers and think I should be able to knock it out if I play 10 hours a week 4- tabling shorthanded games. That doesn't seem like a lot to me these days... I've definitely been playing a lot more than that, although mostly full tables, which move slower and are a bit more suited to my style... I might play full tables instead... we'll see.

either way, I'm back to going for it. It's fun to have a goal.

No comments: